Below are some frequently asked questions about the internship. Please email email@example.com for further information.
Summer Internship FAQs
- Is this a paid summer experience?
- Yes! The total compensation package includes a stipend, housing, most meals, training, and gear.
- What are the dates for this commitment?
- Our interns move in to housing on Saturday, May 20 and move out on Thursday, July 27. These dates include training and leading the children's program. Expect to be working 40 hours/week as this is a full-time commitment.
- Do I get any time off? Holidays?
- Yes, each week, interns have Friday afternoon – Saturday evening free. We observe Juneteenth and July 4th holidays during the summer.
- Can I take a summer class at the same time? Or work an additional job part time?
- This is a full-time internship and interns must commit to making this service experience their top priority during those weeks. Project Transformation does not recommend having a part-time job or class.
- Does Project Transformation provide transportation to/from intern housing and the program sites? Do I need to bring a car?
- Project Transformation will ask a few people on each team to drive their team to the program sites. The drivers receive mileage reimbursement from PT for required travel. This means you are not required to bring a car but are welcome to bring one.
- Can I bring my musical instrument or art supplies with me?
- Yes, please do! Your instruments and art supplies will be a great asset to the worship experience with your fellow interns as well as possibly at camp with the kids.
- Are housing and meals provided?
- Yes, interns live together in housing provided by Project Transformation. Self-serve breakfast items are available each morning, and lunch with the children is provided on program days. Volunteer groups from our partner churches provide dinners on most evenings and stay to share in the fellowship with our interns. You are responsible for providing your own food Friday afternoon – Sunday lunch.
- Can I get school credit for this internship?
- This depends on what your school or program's requirements are, but we do encourage you to recieve credit when possible. You are responsible for letting Project Transformation know if you need us to sign off on hours or support you in other ways.
- Where will I live? Will I have a roommate?
- Interns live together in Christian community in college dorms. You will be assigned a roommate.
- What do I need to bring?
- Internship housing is in a college dorm. A complete packing list is provided upon your acceptance, but plan to bring bedding for a twin-size bed, bathroom supplies, casual clothes to wear each day at site (including gym shoes), church clothes, swimsuit (one piece for ladies), and sunscreen. Optional items include a laptop/tablet, speaker, musical instrument, and car.
- Can I get time off for weddings, special circumstances, etc? How should I request it?
- Taking additional time off is not encouraged as it disrupts our program and your teammates and children are depending on you. However, getting time off for special events is possible. You must make a request to the Program Director as soon as you know the dates. Time off is granted depending on the nature of the activity and adequate advance notice. We recommend that such requests are discussed during the interview process, whenever possible.
- Can my friends/family visit me at the house or program site?
- Yes, family and friends are encouraged to volunteer at the site. They also may tour your housing. However, it is important that intern housing be a place of community for the interns. We do not permit guests to stay overnight.