After School Assistant
Now Accepting Applications for Fall 2020!
Position Summary: The Project Transformation Rio Texas (PT) Afterschool Staff is responsible for implementing activities and executing daily curriculum for elementary children in the afterschool program. The Afterschool Assistant will work with other PT staff and volunteers to support participating children in holistic development. The position begins October 2020 and concludes mid-May of the next year.
Project Transformation Mission and Vision:
The MISSION of Project Transformation is
to transform communities by engaging children, college-age young adults, and churches in purposeful relationships.
We envision a world that is rooted in love, pursues the equity of all people, and amplifies God’s call on every life.
Reports to: Program Director
Classification: 4-8 hours/week, non-exempt status
- Model Project Transformation’s core values: mutual relationships, intentional community, connectional ministry, discernment of purpose, empowerment of young people, servant leadership, holistic development, and Wesleyan practice of faith.
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of elementary student outcomes, including but not limited to: love of and growth in literacy, academic level progression, and regular attendance.
- Attend and actively participate in all staff meetings and in-service trainings, as required by program staff.
- Maintain positive relationships with Project Transformation personnel, volunteers, community members, and families.
- Ensure the safety of all children at all times. Uphold PT policies and procedures.
- Manage planning, communication, and implementation of virtual reading program.
- Manage additional programming that is created based on employee availability and student/volunteer interest. Contactless program opportunities include but are not limited to: virtual academic support, virtual enrichment activities, Pen Pal program. Potential transition to in-person program opportunities include but are not limited to: outdoor activities, social-distanced in-person program.
- Assume duties as directed by the Program Director and PT Staff.
- An enthusiastic, highly-motivated personality with the desire to serve others
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to relate effectively to people from all social and economic backgrounds
- Enjoy working with children
- Must present a professional image and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative
- Minimum of 18 years old and/or have completed first year of college
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Reliable access to computer and adequate internet
- Professional communication skills
- Competence managing Zoom
- Interest in virtual enrichment for children
- Ability to train and communicate with volunteers
- Experience with online organizational systems, such as Google Sheets
- Willingness to take on additional tasks, projects, and/or program components as needed (and as schedule allows)
Schedule & Availability
This is a part-time position for approximately 6 hours a week. Typical shifts are Tuesday and Thursday, 3:45pm-5:45pm, and one hour Monday and Wednesday afternoons.
Opportunity for additional hours based on employee availability and student/volunteer interest.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and/or have completed at least one year of college. This opportunity is best suited for college students looking for experience in the non-profit, social work and/or education fields.
Applicants should apply online. A personal resume and 3 references’ contact information are required to complete the application.
Orientation Process & Onboarding
Before the start of first shift, the following will be required:
- New hire orientation and training
- TRUSTED con Confianza Certification (Rio Texas Conference safety policy and training ministry—instructions upon hire)
- When in-person programming resumes: First Aid, CPR training (PT will provide if not already certified)
*These are the duties to be performed as currently anticipated. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, changes will be made to adapt to the current health and safety guidelines. Candidates must be comfortable with web-based programs and/or able to learn new programs.
Interested applicants should complete an online application. A personal resume and 3 references’ contact information are required to complete the application. Position is open until filled. For questions email email@example.com.