Advent and Christmas Special Offering
As you prepare for what Advent and Christmas will look like this year in your congregation, Project Transformation would like to help.
One third of the work of Project Transformation is the C of Church. Helping congregations engage with the immediate neighbors and with the neighbor they might never meet. In the seasons of Advent and Christmas, as we celebrate the coming of the Word made flesh, we invite you to invite your congregation to give beyond the walls.
Project Transformation will provide you with promotional materials to promote this special offering including:
- beautiful, illustrated graphics for you to use in the campaign
- a weekly advent devotional based on this year’s lectionary for the 4 Sundays of Advent
- A Christmas Eve insert sharing the impact one book and one donation make in lives
- Newsletter and email articles
- Announcement video explaining who PT is and the impact of your congregation
If you want a member of the PT staff to speak during the advent Sundays email email@example.com.
As Project Transformation Rio Texas continues to grow throughout the conference, support from Partner churches is essential on both sides: the sustainability of this ministry and the stretch of congregations to serve God by serving neighbors.
How can you participate?
Information on how to participate in the Project Transformation Advent Offering:
- Devotion – Read the weekly devotion (found here), following along with the lectionary and preparing your spirit through the living Word for the coming Christ
- Books– Project Transformation’s curated book list has four categories. Each of the categories focuses on a high need area of their site church libraries. By purchasing titles from this list, you are supporting children in building their skills and confidence as readers.
- Categories of the curated book list:
- Read Together: The We Both Read series is designed for grown-ups and children to sit together and share reading responsibilities. The grown-up reading pages contain high-interest content while the child reading pages support vocabulary building and comprehension skills.
- High/Low: High/Low books are books that have an interest level appropriate for older kids, while the reading skill level is lower for growing readers. These books help support and engage older children as they build their reading skills with age-appropriate content.
- Phonics: Phonics focused books are written intentionally to build specific beginning reading skills for new readers. These books will support emerging readers as they learn to decode and make meaning while reading.
- Bilingual: Spanish-English bilingual books will support readers who are learning each language. Providing books in both Spanish and English helps to support the diverse needs of the Project Transformation community.
- Ways to donate books from the curated list to Project Transformation: Complete the online order form. Or use the curated book list to select which titles you would like to purchase, then complete the paper order form. Turn in your paper order form and payment method to the church and the church will submit it to Project Transformation on your behalf.
- Donation – Books alone cannot sustain the full ministry of Project Transformation. For each book donated, please make a $5 monetary contribution to support the larger work of Project Transformation’s ministry. This can be done with the online order form, or with the paper order form when turned in to the church.
- Prayer – As you journey through the weekly devotional, you are invited to pray over the work of Project Transformation. For the children who will read the books you donated, for the college students who will support those children while building their own leadership skills, for the churches who host and support the program, and for the staff and volunteers working year-round to answer God’s call of transformational ministry.